Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Week 93 - May 26, 2014 - Jose

Man this week was such an incredible week!! Elder Sanchez and I are working super hard and we are having lots of success together. We will be having a baptism this Thursday with a man named Fidencio. He is such a funny dude. He's like 84 years old and just says the funniest things sometimes. I seriously love old people- they are hilarious. We are super happy for him and we hope that everything goes well for Thursday.

So on Friday morning Elder Sanchez and I left for Morelia for Jose's baptism. Last year he was going to be baptized when Elder Rueda and I were together. He couldn't be baptized because of some things he had done in the past. His papers were sent in to Salt Lake City and ten months later were sent back to the mission offices. The First Presidency of the church gave permission to Jose to finally be baptized. The man has been through so much!!

We got to Morelia at about 2 in the afternoon. We went and ate at a member's restaurant and then we went to the church to see if everything was ready. When Jose and I saw each other we immmediately just started crying. The first thing he told me was, ¨After more than a year, I am finally going to do this. Thank you for all your patience. I love you.¨ As we gave each other a big hug we couldn't hold back the tears. It was such an amazing moment.

We then went into the bathroom and got changed into our baptismal clothing. As we left the bathroom I noticed that ELDER RUEDA was waiting in the hallway!! I ran up to him and gave him a huge hug too!  I wrote him on Monday telling him that Jose was going to be baptized. A year ago we promised Jose that we would both be there to support him- we both kept that promise. Elder Rueda and I got to catch up for a bit. Man he has had so many trials after the mission (he finished his mission 6 months ago) - it kinda makes me nervous to come home!!! But everyone was so happy as we were all reunited for a few hours.

We started the baptism and there were so many people there that we had to do the program in the chapel and then when it was time for the baptism we all went into the other room. As Jose came up from the water I honestly cannot express that feeling that we had. He immediately gave me a huge hug and said, "I am perfect. Everything that I have done is now erased!"  Man this guy is incredible!! The entire time he was talking about preparing to be sealed in the temple in a year and how happy he was to have the chance to have an eternal family.

This Friday I will be traveling to Guadalajara to see some of my converts get sealed in the temple. It is the Ortega Sanchez family. I seriously cannot wait! It will be such an amazing experience! I am so happy with how my mission is ending. I could not be happier with all the work I have done and I would honestly not change a thing that I have done in these past couple years. It just makes me feel that all the hard work I have done is all paying off.

I am so happy for the opportunity that I have to be out here. I only have about 5 weeks left so I am trying to make the most of every second that I have. I am doing great and loving this little pueblo. We are finding so many people and we have lots of baptisms planned for these next weeks and months. The Lord has blessed me in so many ways and I don't even know where to start as I count all the blessings He has given me.

Thank you for all the love and support. Have an amazing week!!! LOVE YOU!!!

Elder Mike Payne

Chicken feet that I ate for lunch this week
Super good!  It's called "puritos" and it's banana with melted cheese in the middle.  It was super good and we made it... NBD!
Our pile of garbage... before
Our pile of garbage... during
Our pile of garbage... after.  Everyone here burns their garbage haha
Elder Rueda, Jose and me
Just look at Jose's face.  Man this is so priceless!
In front of the font
Jose after his baptism
Elder Sanchez and I waiting for the bus - this was taken at 1:30 in the morning haha

No comments:

Post a Comment