Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Week 91 - May 13, 2014 - Last Transfer?!


Well this last week was a really good week for us out here in San Jeronimito. We just had transfers yesterday so Elder Aviles went to Morelia. I had to travel with him and come back with a few other missionaries. Last night we stayed with some missionaries and then this morning we finished our traveling. In these past couple of days I have traveled about 20 hours by bus and I am exhausted! 

My new companion is Elder Sanchez and he is from Veracruz, Mexico. He has about 8 months into the mission. He seems like a good guy with a lot of potential. I guess he has just had some bad circumstances in the mission, starting with an ankle injury. But I have only been with him for a few hours so I will continue to get to know lots about him throughout our time together.

The last week I had with Elder Aviles went really well. We ended up having a couple baptisms. We baptized Juan and his brother Rodolfo. Their family has been inactive for a few years and they are starting to all go back to church now. The two little boys have memorized the first three articles of faith! The branch is doing great. We have lots of investigators and we are hoping to see lots of baptisms before I go home! 

Words can't describe how happy I was to skype with the family on Sunday. Man I can't believe that was our last skype!! The next time we see each other will be at the Oakland airport in about 7 weeks! 

Yesterday at the bus station in Morelia I was able to talk to Jose Avalos on the phone. He was the investigator we had in Morelia and is going to be baptized within these next couple of weeks. President Camarillo gave me permission a few months ago to go to his baptism so hopefully he will still give me permission to go!

Also the Ortega Sanchez family from Guadalajara will be getting sealed I think next week. I am so excited to go with them. These next few weeks should be some amazing experiences and I am super excited!!  It just makes me feel so good to know that I had a hand in bringing this family together and to see them get sealed in the Temple is a missionary's dream! Heavenly Father puts us in places and people in our path for a reason. 

But anyways that's about it for the week. Elder Sanchez and I are gunna work our butts off and have a ton of fun and success together. Thank you for everything you do for me!! You guys are the best!!!  Have an amazing week!

Love,
Elder Mike Payne

The bird pooped on my shirt... last time I hold that thing haha
Our area
We had a huge thunderstorm last week and tons of water came into the house... here is our study room 
Here is our bedroom.  The water started to fall onto my bed so I had ti move it haha
The flood outside of our house
Walking in the streets
The church activity we had on Friday
The baptisms we had on Saturday
SKYPE!!!  The last one!
The busses we travel in... I told you they were nice haha

No comments:

Post a Comment