Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Week 92 - May 19, 2014 - No longer a son of a Bish! :-O

Well this week was an amazing week. I am learning so much about myself in this last transfer and I am so grateful for everything that God has given me. I know these aren't the easiest situations but I know that in these times I am learning the most about myself and I will be a better person because of where I am and what I am doing.

First of all, Elder Sanchez is awesome!!! He came in with a rough attitude but I have realized that as long as I stay happy, he does too. So I have just been trying to stay positive with everything and it has been great! In my first week with him I have learned that I need to count each and every one of my blessings. Some days aren't the best and those are the times we need to realize how much we truly have in our lives. I wrote down a long list of blessings that I have in my journal and this last week I have been adding to the list. I know that the Lord has a plan for all of us and that we all just need to work hard to please him and not worry what every one else thinks of us.

We were able to have lots of success in our first week together. We worked in our area 5 days of the week and we had over 50 lessons. So we are pretty excited with the progress this area is having. We were able to put 9 new baptismal dates this week and the investigators we have found are progressing very well. We had 8 investigators at church yesterday and we are hoping to see lots of baptisms in June. Should be a crazy month out here in San Jeronimito.

We had a super funny experience at lunch on Saturday. We went to eat with a family that doesn't have much. They give us food every week and I honestly feel so bad but sometimes I just can't get everything down because of what they give us. So on Saturday they gave us cow stomach... or lets just say pure fat!!!  Man there was no meat. We ate what everyone usually cuts off of their meat!!  We always sit on their porch when we eat and they have a field behind their house. After my first few bites I literally thought I was going to throw up!  So everytime the sister would go inside to get something Elder Sanchez and I would take part of the cow stomach and throw it out into the field! hahaha  It was so funny!!! They have about 5 dogs and 4 cats and they came into the house with the meat we threw out into the field. The sister was so confused, but she never knew we did it. She thought that it was from their neighbor's house hahaha Man, Elder Sanchez and I were dying, as we tried to hold back from laughing hahaha!

Today I got a phone call from the missionaries in Morelia saying that Jose Avalos will be getting baptized on Friday!!! I will be leaving Friday morning to go to Morelia and I will be baptizing Jose! When I hung up I started crying and just reflected upon what has gone on in his life. It has truly helped me undersatand the repentance process. I am so excited!! And hopefully within these next couple of weeks I will be going to Guadalajara to see the Ortega Sanchez family get sealed!! I am so happy right now!

Dad, I was thinking about you all day yesterday as you were getting released as Bishop. I had so many emotions yesterday and I can only imagine how you were feeling! I'm sure it was hard to leave behind everything you have done in these last 5 1/2 years as Bishop, but there is no doubt that the Lord is happy with all that you have done. You are the best dad in the world and I don't know where I would be if I didn't have an example like you in my life. And now we will have more time to hang out and go golfing and watch sports when I get home!

Well that's about it for my week. I am so happy and I'm just enjoying every day!

Have a great week! I love you all!!!

Elder Payne
This is the guy I told you about and the tree he came home with haha 
#hesananimal
The cow stomach we ate on Saturday haha 
We went to Ixtapa today!
Thought this was a cool picture of a huge crab we saw
Senor Frogs haha

No comments:

Post a Comment