Monday, November 25, 2013

Week 67 - November 25, 2013 - Transferred!

Well this last week was just a crazy week. I don't even know how to describe the feelings that I had. I love Morelia so much and I will forever remember the people that I met there. I was able to enjoy my last week there and leave the area with lots of potential. I am excited for the sister missionaries who will show up and get to baptize a bunch!  This last week we just pretty much visited everyone in our list of members and just prepared them for the sister missionaries. They are going to have tons of support as well. 

Last night we were able to baptize this little girl. She turned 8 a couple weeks ago. The bishop baptized her and then I confirmed her. She was so happy. I am so excited for this family. I promised her grandparents that if they get sealed in a year then I would come back and visit so that I could go to the temple with them. So that would be awesome if it all works out!! And in a couple months I'm pretty sure her dad will get baptized. And if he does I'm pretty sure president Camarillo will give me permission to go back and see him get baptized!!!

Getting transfered is definately not easy. Last night was so hard!! I cried so hard!! The baptism was also a going away party for me as well. The last song we sang in the baptism was ¨God be with you till we meet again¨ and everyone was bawling!! I bore my testimony and it was so tough! 

Well today I woke up and finished packing and went to the bus station. Our bus left and I traveled for about 6 hours. I am now here in CHAPALA with Elder Garcia!!! I am so happy! Chapala is like the touristy part of the mission and its super pretty!! There's a big lake here and it reminds me a lot of Lake Tahoe. It's super nice!  Elder Garcia is one of my best friends in the mission. It's going to be a super fun transfer with him! 

Tomorrow and Wednesday we have the zone leader councils. This week should pass by pretty fast! I am doing well and recovering from a hard goodbye. I will never forget the last 7 months that I had to be able to serve in Estadio. I will forever be grateful for the things that I learned and the people that I met. I love you guys so much! Thank you for all the love and support!! 

Love,
Elder Mike Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment