Thursday, August 1, 2013

Week 49 - July 20, 2013 - HUMP!


WOW!! I can`t believe I will complete one year on Thursday. I honestly feel like I just blinked and like 3 weeks just went by!

Well I feel like all my emails are like the same- divisions, conferences, and just a bunch of meetings with President. And this week wasn`t much different haha!!

So Monday we left and had divisions with Zamora 2. I worked with Elder Winegardner in our area. So we traveled to Zamora to pick him up and drop off Elder Rueda and then traveled back. So I was in a bus for 6 hours on Monday. Then on Wednesday we traveled back to Zamora to drop off Elder Winegardner and then we came back to Morelia to eat and then travel again. We went to Uruapan on divisions. I got to work with Elder Quinney and it was so much fun!! Man I love that kid! He is super awesome!! Time just flew by when I was working with him. We had some pretty good lessons too! We taught our Christian Pastor and he told us that he knows our church is true and he wants to get baptized but that he would just let so many people down in his church. Man it is such a bummer because I think we will have to drop him this next week. 

Well I am doin good and workin hard. Just tryin to enjoy every moment and learn from everything. Being an assistant for sure has its ups and downs and it is just a roller coaster of emotions!! I love it because we get to travel and work with other zone leaders and get to know everyone in the mission but it`s just tough because it affects our area a ton. Last week we only got 2 days to work in our area so it's just tough to help your investigators to progress when you are never there. Elder Rueda and I are going to be together for another transfer so we are going to work as hard as we can! 

Tomorrow we will be traveling to Guadalajara, completing my week with 24 hours in a bus! We will be doing the whole routine again- going to Presidents house on Sunday to eat and listen to all the testimonies of the guys going home, dropping them off at the airport at like 4 a.m. on Monday morning, picking up the new missionaries from the airport, and doing capacitations(?) with them for a couple days. Then we travel back Tuesday night and it will be super stressful. We have 3 missionaries going home and 24 coming in. The transfers are pretty crazy but it is so awesome to see so many people who want to serve!! 

Then on Wednesday we have a leadership meeting with all the district leaders and zone leaders in Michoacan. It should be fun.

On Thursday I will hit my one year mark and I think I will be with Elder Maccarthy, one of my other best friends, on divisions. Our ward mission leader told us he will take us to Sirloin Stockade, which is just a super good restaurant out here!! I am super excited!! It should be an amazing week!!

Well I hope you are all well and it was so good to hear from all of you today!! I love hearing how you're doing!! It makes me so happy to know that everything is going well!

Know that I am doing well and loving it out here! There are so many trials and difficulties but I love it so much because we can learn so much- Things that I would never have learned or experienced. The mission allows you to stretch to your potential and see who you can become. Thank you for all the support!

Love,
Elder Mike Payne

Cake taco!
Only in Mexico would they have cake tacos! 
Snowing in Mexico?!  haha it hailed super hard! 
Welcome to the hotel California
The kind of buses we take.  They are super nice... with wrestlers on the sides haha
Writing at the internet haha 
National park at Uruapan










No comments:

Post a Comment