Thursday, May 16, 2013

Week 40 - May 9, 2013 - Transferred!!!


Wow what a crazy and incredible couple days it has been!!

So on Tuesday Elder Alvarado and I were walking to a lesson and President Camarillo texted us saying ¨Elder Payne when you get a moment give me a call.¨ So I called him to see what was up and he told me that I was having special changes. I couldn´t hear him very well because it was super windy so all I heard was, ¨Be in the offices tomorrow at 9 am with all your bags ready to travel.¨

I started thinking of all the worst possible scenarios that could have happened. I was almost on the verge of tears because I was convinced that something had happened to my family. So I decided to call president back and I made him promise me that you guys were okay. I think he was more concerned than I was!!  And then came the big news. He told me, ¨Elder Payne...you are going to be one of my assistants.¨ I was super shocked!! I am definitely not good enough to be an assistant but I will work as hard as I can to be the best I can be.  It will be a lot of work, I didn't realize how much the assistants have to do!!

So on Wednesday I got to the offices and President Camarillo was there and I had an interview with him before I went off. He told me how happy he was for all the work I had done so far and told me that I have one of the highest baptizing percentages in the mission (whatever that means hahaha) and then told me he knows that the mission will be okay if I keep up the attitude and keep working hard.

So yesterday I just traveled all day!!  As an assistant we have to travel(by bus!) to every area of the mission.  I am now in Morales, Michoacan - which is 6 hours from the mission home!  I will have to go there every 2 weeks, so I will not actually be in my 'home' very much at all.  We spend a lot of time visiting other missionaries, and doing divisions with them.  I'm super excited about where I am and who I am with! 

My new companion is Elder Morales. He is a stud!!! He is from Guatemala and he is such an amazing missionary. We are having tons of fun together. This last transfer President just made 4 assistants instead of two. We have two states in our mission (Jalisco and Michoacan) so he decided to put two assistants in each state. So Elder Morales and I are opening an area and it is super tough because we literally have 0 investigators but he is such a hard worker so I have no doubt we will have success together (for the time we are in our area haha). 

But I am doing great and LOVING where I am at and who I am with!! Crazy how much an email can change in two days huh?! hahaha

I love you guys so much and I can´t wait to talk to you Sunday!! That will be such an amazing day!! Only 3 days away!!!

Love,
Elder Payne

Soccer as a zone on Monday
My sun burn from soccer.  That part of my neck hasn't seen the sun in 10 months haha
Skyping Mike on Mother's Day!
Mike showing us his cool "new" phone lol
Getting to Skype Mike in Mexico with Carlee in Utah and his immediate and some extended family in California!

No comments:

Post a Comment