Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Week 97 - June 23, 2014 - 8 more days - Just a scout camp away. How hard can it be?!


It's so funny to me how 8 days seems like nothing. (actually it's now 5 days and 23 hours!)  I remember going to scout camp and crying every day because I still had 5 days left until I was going to see my family again. Funny how things change.

Well my last week was a great week. It was definitely hard to say the least. I will always remember the people that I have met in San Jeronimito. They have helped me to learn so much about myself and others as well. I didn't think it would be that hard to leave that branch. I thought it was hard leaving my family and now I find myself having an even harder time saying goodbye to all the people that have changed my life. I am so thankful for all the blessings that the Lord has given me and for the opportunity that I had to serve those people in that pueblo, as well as those for these past two years.

The Lord calls imperfect people to perform many great miracles. This week we taught many new investigators that should be ready for baptism in July. I am so happy to know that I have left that area with lots of investigators so that Elder Sanchez and his new comp can work hard and baptize lots. I know how hard it is to open an area with no investigators so I'm just happy that there will be lots of success coming up in San Jeronimito.

On Saturday I left to go to Guadalajara. I traveled fourteen hours on Saturday. We got into Guadalajara at 12:30 and didn't get to sleep until about 2. On Sunday we had our interviews with President in the afternoon. It was so hard. President gave me many compliments for the work that I have done in these last two years and thanked me for my selfless service. One of the nicest things he told me was ¨This mission has changed because of you. If only we had 250 other Elder Paynes.¨ It was a good feeling to know that the mission president has trusted in me so much in these last two years.

After the interviews we went to the mission home and ate dinner with the Camarillo family. We had ¨carne en su jugo.¨ Its s typical guadalajara dish and it was super good. We then all shared our tesitmonies and it was such a spiritual meeting. Almost every one of us cried and it was just a great night. A bunch of my friends went home today and I will miss them a lot. I know that I will stay in contact with a few of them. I am happy to have had the chance to meet many awesome friends here in the mission.

This week I will be working in a trio with two other elders here in Guadalajara. Their area is super nice! Man there are so many nice houses and cars. It's a pretty tough area because everything is just neighborhoods, kinda like Pleasanton. Everything is super spread out and we have to walk everywhere. I am excited to be here and to be able to work with these two missionaries.Their names are Elder Peguero and Elder Origel. I guess they don't get along very well with President Camarillo and he put me here to try and help them fix their attitudes haha so I will do what I can and continue to give it my all for the Lord.

In just 8 days I will be seeing you guys at the airport. I am beyond excited and I can't wait to just relax and kick it with the fam. It's gunna be great!! Well I love you guys so much and know that I am doing great!! Thanks for all the love and support!!

Con amor,
Elder Payne


No comments:

Post a Comment