Saturday, June 21, 2014

Week 96 - June 16, 2014The - Mixed Emotions

Well I only have about 2 more days in my area and I'm not sure how I feel. It hasn't fully hit me yet that I'm kind of ending the mission. Everyone says that the last few weeks go by the slowest. I honestly feel like these past couple weeks have flown by and I can't believe that it's Monday again! 

This last week we had a great baptism for Andres. We have reactivated another family and now increased the church attendance by 43 since my first Sunday here! It was such an awesome last Sunday here in San Jeronimito yesterday. We had the baptism before the church services and it was great. Andres is 10 years old and his mom isn't a member of the church yet, but his older brother and his grandma are. The grandma fell about a year ago and broke her hip so she is still recovering and hasn't gone to church since the accident. She has now gone these past 4 weeks in a row and she is so happy, along with the rest of the members. Andres' mom still has doubts and questions but we have her baptism scheduled for this Friday so hopefully it goes well!

We had a crazy miracle at church yesterday. One of our investigators, Juan, has come to church 5 times and has never wanted to accept a baptismal date. Yesterday in gosepl principles we talked about baptism and immediately after the class he asked me, ¨What do I need to do to be baptized? I have now received my answer and I know that this is the true church.¨ He told us that he wanted to be baptized yesterday so we just went over all the requirements and it turns out he's not married and living with someone...  But he said that he wants to get married as soon as he can so that he can be baptized. He wants me to baptize him but if he doesn't get married before Friday I'm not sure it's gunna happen.

Well I am doing great. I feel so blessed to be out here in Mexico. I feel that through all the expereinces I have had I have learned so much about myself. Words cannot describe how I feel and the happiness that I have. Yesterday at church was pretty hard because I had to say bye to many of the members. I have gained a strong friendship with so many of the members here in San Jeronimito and I will for sure miss each and every one of them!

On the other hand I feel so happy because in 13 days I will be sitting by the pool after golfing 18 holes at Castlewood- just relaxing. hahaha man I haven't been able to truly relax for a very long time. I can't wait to see you all so soon! It's going to be a great reunion at the airport! Just 13 more days so I am gunna stay focused and finish with no regrets!

Love you all and thank you for all the love and support!! You are the best!!

Elder Payne

Andres and his family
The Diaz family
The Hermana Gladys and her boys Chewy and Omar
The Pinzon family






No comments:

Post a Comment