Monday, December 30, 2013

Week 72 - December 30, 2013 - Feliz Navidad y año nuevo!


This last week was a great week. It was a Christmas that I will never forget. Such a good time to remember all the things that Christ has given us. Many of us think that Christmas is just about gifts and decorations but the mission really helps you understand the true meaning of Christmas.

On Christmas eve Elder Garcia and I wanted to do something that we would remember for the rest of our lives. It was such an incredible experience. We bought a bunch of food for a family in our branch. We bought turkey, buns, chips, drinks, and ice cream. It was such a good feeling walking into that house and seeing the attitude change of everyone in the family. The father  told me they hadn't eaten anything all day and that they probably weren't going to have anything for dinner either. This Christmas I learned that it truly is better to give than receive. Elder Garcia and I started crying as we walked back to our house just thinking about how tough life can truly be but how blessed we are that someone has walked in our shoes before.

On Christmas we woke up STILL with no water and no gas. We opened our presents and it was amazing!! I love my family so much and I am so thankful for all the support and everything you give me!! Then after went to shower at our ward mission leader's house. He made us breakfast and we just talked for a little bit and shared a mesage with them. Then we went and visted a family that invited 4 other families over. We shared the story of Christmas with them and it went really well. Then after that I got to skype the fam. WOWWW!!!! So good to see you all and hear your voices! I can't believe how much all the young kids have grown up! So crazy!!! Man I love you guys so much and I miss you like crazy but it seems like we're not so far away...6 months!!!

The rest of the week I worked with a district in our zone that is struggling pretty bad. They aren't having any success and it was a super good expreience to be able to work with them. I learned that through hard work and obedience anything is possible. We worked super hard and we were able to find a bunch of new investigators. We had a super awesome experience where we found a family of 5 and in the same lesson we put a baptismal date with the family and they all accepted to be baptized in February. We were able to see lots of success and hopefully the missionaries over there can keep working hard and seeing success that they deserve!

It was a great week and this week should be another great one. We are preparing four baptisms for this month coming up.  Transfers are next week so I'm not sure what's going to happen. I want to stay here so that I can be part of all the baptisms that we have set up!! 

Thank you all for everything!! I love you all !!!!!

Elder Payne

Santa Clause in Chapala
Opening presents on Christmas!!
The Stong family.  We ate breakfast with them on Christmas
Christmas feast with sister Morgan and a bunch of her friends
Christmas tree in Ocotlan

My super muddy shoes
Very muddy and rainy in Ocotlan
Christmas Eve with the Guillen Aguirre family

No comments:

Post a Comment