Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Week 70 - December 16, 2013 - 8 more days!!! (until we can Skype)

This week went by super fast!! I am loving this area and meeting lots of super awesome people. 

This last week we have been working hard with many investigators that we have. We are teaching an older lady right now named Eufracia. Last Monday she told us she didn't have much interest and that she didn't want to be baptized anymore. Elder Garcia and I were a little sad and we decided to fast for her. So on Tuesday we started our fast. We had a lesson with her on Wednesday and she told us that she wasn't going to be in town on Saturday but that she wanted to move her baptism to December 20th. We were super excited and we are going to work hard with her this week so that everything goes as planned!!

We are also teaching a young boy named Israel. He is the son of a member and wants to be baptized. He knows the importance of baptism and tells us every time we pass by his house that he wants to be baptized and that he can't wait for his baptism on December 21. 

This last week a missionary from our ward in Chapala came home from his mission. He is super awesome. He served in Chicago. His name is Morgan Asher and he is going to be a huge help. He is always willing to help us out with lessons and I think things are going to improve a lot here. Also we are working with a guy named Steven. He is 18 and preparing to serve his mission. He was able to work with us yesterday and he is super cool. I think we'll stay in contact thorughout his mission and even after because he says he wants to come to san fran. He is american so he will easily be able to visit. haha

On December 12th it is 'The Day of the Virgin' here.  It's a pretty big deal, but it gets pretty crazy, people are walking around yelling in the streets and shooting their guns off into the air!  We had to be in our houses by 7pm.  It's pretty dangerous to be out, a lot of people get injured!  The same goes for Christmas day, New years eve and New years day!

On Saturday our food appointment fell through. We decided to go teach one of our investigators. She then invited us to eat pasole with them. I usually love pasole, but as she started stirring the big spoon around the pot I was devastated to see what I was about to eat. She asked which I preferred: Pig Brain, Pig snout, or pig tongue? I told her that I like them all hahaha I'm not sure what I was thnking. Man that was one of the hardest meals I have had to eat here in Mexico. The pasole was great but getting down the meat was like seriously the hardest thing ever hahah!! 

Well I hope you all had a great week! Thank you for all the support and all the prayers!! Crazy to think that by my next email I will be 21 years old!!!! And this week we are having a Christmas party with a few other zones so that should be fun!! Should be another fast week coming up!

Love you all!!

Elder Mike Payne

Lots of people put up these things last week for December 12th=the day of the Virgin Mary
The pig snout, pig tongue, and pig brain that I ate
We had a rat in our house so we killed it... not a big deal I'm kinda a boss

I thought this was funny... a dog getting milked by a cat haha
The amazing breakfast we made this morning... french toast, eggs sunny side up, and tortillas (because I'm in Mexico... I had to)

No comments:

Post a Comment