Monday, April 22, 2013

Week 36 - April 15, 2013 - Look for the GOOD


So this week was pretty good!! Sorry this email is going to be a little shorter because I don't have a lot of time.

Anyways, Tuesday night President called a bunch of the zone leaders to go to the offices to give him our missionary agendas. I was super nervous because he said he was going to a council with all the mission presidents in Mexico and they were going to revise them and see how we were doing with our agendas. The assistants told me that he only took the three best agendas and one of them was mine...not a big deal...I'm just a super good planner ;)

Then President called us on Wednesday and told me I was going to be having divisions with the assistants for the week. So I went to their area and worked. It was cool because that was an area in my old district so I got to see a few missionaries from the old district. It was fun though-I learned a ton from them!! We actually had a lot of success in their area. We found 3 new investigators and set a baptismal date with two of them. They were so happy because they aren't having any success in their area because they are hardly there! They told me they work like 2 days a week in their area so its super tough to have baptisms. So hopefully those two investigators will get baptized soon!!

Then I came back on Saturday morning and we had our baptism with Liliana. It was such a good baptism!! She invited a bunch of family and friends and because of her, we have 4 new investigators!! She is going to be such an amazing member!! She is super pumped up about sharing the gospel and particpating in all the activities we are having in our ward!! I am really excited to see her progress now as a member!!

Then Saturday after the baptism we had a lesson with our investigator who has his baptismal date set for next Saturday and he was asking us what time it was going to be at. hahaha so were almost positive that this kid is going to be baptized. He is so awesome...his name is Miguel and he is about 24 years old. He told us that he doesn't want to hang out with his friends anymore because he wants to be like us. We asked him what that meant and he said ¨I want to serve a mission too.¨ We were so happy to hear that and he is so awesome!! These last two weeks he has gone to church in his Mexico soccer jersey, basketball shorts, and his black hat that he always wears. We told him that he should probably wear different clothes and he felt so bad because he just thought that you should go to church in comfortable clothes. haha  But he is awesome so we will most likely be having his baptism this next Saturday.

President sent me a letter last week telling me that I am supposed to be serving in this area for a reason and that is to help the missionaries that are struggling and not having any success. He told me that because of the success that I had in my last area, he decided to put me in an area that isn't having any success. That made me feel so good and I have just been working super hard to help the missionaries. It's pretty tough but I am starting to gain a greater love for these guys. In the beginning I was pretty frustrated at their disobedience and lack of success, but I have realized what I need to do to help them and they are doing awesome!! We have already had 4 baptisms in our zone this month and we have 5 planned for this week and 6 for the next week. I am loving this zone and where I am at right now. Tomorrow we are opening another area in our zone because their area is huge and they are splitting it up. So were hoping to see some more success in that area.

I am doing great and loving the mish. It is so crazy to see the difference in my attitude because at first I hated being here and I thought this place was so dirty and so dangerous. I will always remember what Carlee said. I don't remember exaclty what she said but it was something along the lines of, ¨You can find beauty in everything...if you are looking for the bad, you WILL find the bad...but if you look for the good, you WILL find the good.¨ She sent me that in the very beginning of my experience out here and I will never forget that because it is so true. This place may not be as beautiful as the beaches of Hawaii (mom and dad), but I am enjoying it here and all the many experiences that I am having.

Well that is it for this week but I love you guys and I hope everything is going well. Take care and God Bless!!

Elder Mike Payne


No comments:

Post a Comment