Monday, March 11, 2013

Week 31 - March 11, 2013 - No More Walmart :(


This week has just flown by!! On Thursday we had our interviews with President Camarillo and it went well. He started by telling me how much success I have been having and how much he appreciates all my hard work. Our conversation went more or less like this :
President- How long have you been in Buenos Aires?
Me- Almost 6 months
President- Wow that´s a long time! How do you feel?
Me- Good! I am workin hard and loving where I am at
President- Thats good! So are your bags packed?
Me- hahaha I am just trying to enjoy the time I have while it´s here
President- Thats good. Enjoy your last week...

Then we had divisions with the zone leaders and I went with Elder young. He is super cool. But he was telling me how in their interview, President told them that I will be a zone leader next transfer. I have no clue where I am going but it will be interesting for sure...so this is my last time writing in this internet cafe place!! Super sad but I am just trying not to think of transfers yet, I am for sure going to miss all these people!! 

On Friday we had our baptismal interviews and they went well. We worked super hard with Lupe this whole last week! She wasCatholic and she has 2 daughters (Mayra and Erendira) that are Mormon and the rest of her family is Catholic. So Elder Santiago and I visited her twice a week just to make sure that she felt good about everything.

On Saturday we had our baptisms and also the other Elders in our ward had one. It was pretty cool because we had 6 people dressed in white so the pictures look sweet! But not too much crazy happened last week!! 

I learned that my Mission President's daughter is serving a mission in San Pablo (I'm not sure if that's in the San Francisco mission or San Jose), but that's pretty cool! 

I'm so bummed because the President told us that we couldn't go to Walmart anymore!  There are too many temptations there!  I guess he's right, all the things that I love about Walmart are temptations! haha  But, they have the best groceries at Walmart, now I guess we'll have to get our groceries from the Tiendas (little stores in people's garages!).

I love you guys so much and thank you for everything you do!! I can feel all your prayers and love and I am so grateful for the friends and family that I have!! You guys are all incredible and I hope you have an amazing week!! I will most likely be writing this in another area next week!! Crazy to think about how fast time goes by!! I can´t believe I have already been in this area for 6 months!! 

Tha tha tha tha tha tha thats all folks!

Con Amor,
Elder Mike Payne

PS- Sorry this letter was so short haha I honestly don´t remember what happened!! It was such a fast week haha!!

Me drinking jalapeño juice last week in our Family Home Evening with the Ortega family... they were pretty impressed haha
One family in our ward has a cat who just had babies... this is how they feed the kittens haha
Our two assistants (Elder Castellanos and Elder Mckie).  They finish their missions this week, and are both going home on Monday
The three people who got baptized in our ward on Saturday (Lupe, Amanda, and Eric)
The baptism of Lupe and the fam.  Best baptism I have had here I think!  Man I love that family!!  Such a miracle of a family!
Eric and his sister 
This is how people sell things here!  They just put their stuff in a little bike like this and ride around the streets trying to get people to buy their stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment